It didn't take long to compile a list of MUST VIEW FILMS focusing on famous fashion designers and the contemporary world of fashion.
Image courtesy of lu_lettering
In no particular order, here is Crown Jewels TOP 10 films.
Don't be surprised if you watch many of them multiple times!
- Mc Queen - the story of how a boy from the East End of London took the fashion world by storm and became one of the most influential and original designers in the 21st century.
- Valentino: The Last Emperor of Fashion - few people dominate their industry for 50 years but Valentino Garavani did. A detailed look at life in the couture house of Valentino before the Emperor retired.
- The First Monday in May - a close look at how Anna Wintour organises the Annual Met Gala in the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY and the most attended fashion exhibition in history, China: Through the Looking Glass.
Image courtesy of Wangphan
- Iris - this documentary focuses on the life of NY fashion icon, Iris Apfel. Be transported to her over decorated apartment and view her extensive collections of collectible clothing from decades ago. Also be entertained by her witty sense of humour.
- The Eye Has to Travel - be mesmerised by the former editor of US Vogue, Diana Vreeland, about her life and time as editor at Vogue and Harpers Bazaar. Few editors could boast such stories and creativity as Diana. Amusing and insightful to a bygone era.
- Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorfs - witness what makes this mythical Manhattan department store tick! Interviews with staff, employees and designers will have you wanting to jump online and purchase from the luxurious Fifth Avenue Store.
Image courtesy of Artsy Bee
- Dior and I - 55 years after Christian Dior's death, super talented Raf Simmons is now at the helm of the House of Dior. 8 weeks from his debut collection, the House of Dior grapples with Raf's contemporary manner.
- Yves Saint Laurent - is based on YSL's life story from 1958. At the tender age of 22, Yves becomes the head designer of Dior. A fashion genius was born as was the creation of his synonymous label YSL in time.
- Coco before Chanel - Coco's humble childhood, life as a poor seamstress and mistress to a wealthy man provide the perfect cocktail to catapult her to undoubted Empress of French and global fashion. The beautiful costumes and surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for this rags to riches story.
- The September Issue - a rare insight into what transpired to create the 2007 Spring edition of US Vogue. Witness editor in chief, Anna Wintour and creative director, Grace Coddington, disagree how shoots and clothing should look.
Image courtesy of CHLOE2017KD